Sunday, January 13, 2008

Movie Review: National Treasure


Among other movies that I saw this week, I watched National Treasure. In case your unfamiliar with the movie, let me recap. Nicolas Cage plays a treasure hunter that goes out to defend his great grandfather's name by finding a great treasure with a few of his helpful friends. It was enjoyable, but I wouldn't want to see it again. Let me go into detail.
The plot of this movie was crippling. It lacked development and threw in non-stop action in order to compensate. The motive was uninspired and quite limiting to the rest of the film. If they had had a decent reason to find treasure, then the writers would have been able to create a much more engaging story line.
The film wasn't the most beautiful, but it had some respectable scenes that I thought looked gorgeous.
There wasn't anything particularly awful about the acting, but again, the cheesiness of treasure hunting kicks in an takes over even the best actors.

Overall I would not recommend this movie to anyone unless they would be looking for a child's movie filled with predictable content.

NOTE: I have never written a movie review before, and if you should read this, a comment about something I did well of didn't do well would be appreciated.

No comments: